Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking the Shelves / Showcase Sunday #32

22 Sept 2013
Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky @Books, Biscuits, and Tea and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and they both give bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.

This week had quite a lot of goodreads drama. Whilst I still plan on using goodreads I have also joined BookLikes which is very awesome and I will now start linking to in reviews as well as goodreads, amazon and amazon UK. If you are a member of BookLikes then please follow me and if you aren't I fully recommend joining.

I am only accepting a few review requests which means I only have a handful of books this week. They are all awesome to it is definitely quality over quantity this week. As always if you click on the book cover you will be taken to its Amazon page.

Review

Ebooks

I received a request for this awesome sounding NA contemporary romance that releases September 24th. It is not yet on Amazon so if you want to find out more about the book you can go to its page on the author's website.

 
Paperbacks
 
I was lucky enough to receive a UK arc of Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano from the lovely people at Harper Voyager. I loved Lauren's Chemical Garden series so I can't wait to see what this new book will be like.
 
 
NetGalley/Edelweiss
 
Ok so I may have broken my netgalley diet again, I promise to start it again from now! I got three amazing books so it is hard to feel guilty :P I also got an amazing surprise of an email from edelweiss approving me to read Red Hill by Jamie McGuire :D
 
Goodreads
Amazon
Freebies
 
I got two freebies this week (I discovered both when looking through other peoples STS posts and I simply had to get them)
 
 
Gifts
 
Paperbacks

A while back I read and loved Eversea by the amazing Natasha Boyd. As she was sending me a paperback of her book to send to a giveaway winner she also sent a signed personalised copy for myself :D This is now happily in pride of place in my bookshelves as there is also a snippet of my review in there AND I am mentioned in the acknowledgements :)
 
 
So what do you think? Are there any books you have read, plan to read or have just now caught your eye? Feel free to link to your Stacking the Shelves or equivalent post in the comments.

9 comments:

  1. Perfect Ruin looks so good, I need to get it soon.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm very intrigued about red hill. i have mcguire's NA novel beautiful disaster but i haven't read it yet. if i like it, i'll definitely give red hill a try. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book haul! I am a NetGalley glutton. I almost request Red Hill, but I restrained myself. I just have too many others to read I can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only For You sounds really interesting! I can't wait to read Perfect Ruin! Enjoy your week Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a NetGalley/Edelweiss addict as well. Red Hill sounds really good and creepy. I'm hoping that I will like it.
    Great haul. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even realize Lauren Destefano was coming out with another book until a few weeks ago and I am seriously excited to read it!! Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also got a copy of Endless and hope you enjoy it and all your great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one giant post of AWESOME. I need to read so many of these too, like right now. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! Can't wait for Red Hill. Enjoy!
    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.